During the time I was experimenting with Tofu French Toast, I cooked the leftover dipping egg. Because there was so little of it left, and because I was using a large pan, it spread out and cooked thin. This gave me the idea for Imitation Crepes. It only has three ingredients: egg whites, plain Greek yogurt, and a fruit of your choice. That’s it!
The first time around, I added too much yogurt and bananas, so it came out pretty stuffed. However, I adjusted the amounts later and I call this a huge success. As such, I can now freely share this recipe.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- small amount of berries or bananas
- Heat up a large pan and coat with coconut oil
- Pour egg whites into the pan and tilt it so that it spreads thin
- Cook egg white sheet. Careful, it can tear easy at this point
- Place on plate and spread yogurt and fruit in the middle
- Fold egg whites; drizzle with maple syrup if so desired
Needless to say, it’s delicious and a good alternative if you don’t have flour or if you’re living gluten free like me.